Running is becoming a huge part of my life. Whether I am stressed; upset, training or simply just craving the great outdoors, lacing up my running shoes and heading outdoors still gives me butterflies.
Long runs are perfect for practicing mindlessness and reflection. However, when I’m not trying to find my inner Buddha here is what I’m thinking about:
- Its mile 1 why am I already out of breath?!
- I need to slow down I’m meant to be pacing.
- Come on muscle memory kick in.
- I can do this!
- I wonder if every runner feels just as lethargic when they start running, or am I just unfit?
- I hate this song! I should be listening to an audiobook or something
- Mm just a little bit further and I can demolish my post run meal.
- I don’t want to stop now.
- I feel invincible.
- Thank god I’m done, I don’t think I could of run another mile.