When I used to say I loved cooking, I never really took into consideration that cooking because I wanted to create a new dish or a great batch of Cookies was nothing in comparison to cooking three meals a day (and the odd one for my friends along the way).
Although fending for myself hasn’t stopped my fire to find new ways to eat Vegetables, I have started to find small tasks rather annoying. For example:
- Why does the washing up not do itself? Or, at least why can’t I figure out how to turn on my Dishwasher – it can’t be rocket science.
I mean how much mess can one-person make? But, that’s just the beginning. There are a million and one things that bug me, but for now here’s seven.
- No matter how many sharp knives you own, there never seems to be enough around when you need them.
- Crumbs get everywhere. Everywhere! So much so I am sure I have some in every room of my house just from cutting a slice of Lemon Drizzle Cake.
- When you move out, everything takes three times longer to cook just because you don’t think ahead; instead, you wait until you’re hungry to start cooking.
- You find yourself prepping the same meal day after day.
- The smell of fried Onions never leaves your house.
- Even when you think you’ve cleaned up everything, you still find a splodge of Ketchup afterwards.